Method of valve maintenance
1, the valve should be placed in a ventilated and relatively dry chamber, the two ends of the valve path should be blocked.
2. If it has been stored for a long time, it should be checked regularly and cleaned regularly. After cleaning, it should be coated with anti-rust oil.
3. After installation, we must regularly check whether the valve is working normally and aging.The main inspection items include:
(1) Wear condition of sealing surface.
(2) Trapezoidal thread wear of stem and stem nut.
(3) Whether the packing is out of date and should be replaced in time if damaged.
(4) Sealing performance test shall be carried out after valve overhaul and assembly.
Valves should also be regularly injected into the oil, in order to use a longer time, correct and orderly maintenance and maintenance of the valve, can make the valve play a normal function and can increase the service life, some things tend to be neglected by everyone.
First, when injecting grease, the quality of grease is often ignored. The quality of grease is very important. Some grease not only has no protective effect on the valve, but may also have side effects.How much is injected into the valve, and if less, the sealing surface will wear out rapidly due to lack of lubricant.The injection of more oil will cause the blockage of the valve, affect the normal work, but also cause the waste of oil, in the injection of oil into the valve, according to the size of the valve and instructions to injection, can be calculated according to the size of the valve capacity, and then in an appropriate amount of injection.
Second, pressure is often overlooked when greasing valves.If the pressure is too low at the time of injection, the sealing or failure will occur. If the pressure is too high, the grease orifice will be easily blocked.